Thursday, December 16, 2010

somethings not working

Things have come crumbling down since my last post...increased rage and anxiety, 4 am wake up calls, his seperation anxiety is worse again...He doesnt have ADHD, (got the evaluation) his IQ is very high, mood disorder NOS, and I am devastated, I thought this medication combination was going to carry us through this...and now finally he is starting to grieve, perhaps thats why he is reverting backwards, Im devasted, Im sure he needs to go through this process, but why oh why does it have to be so hard on him, he actually cried last night about his dad...more like my dad didnt love me, I ofcourse reaasured him, but it kills me because Mike didnt treat Zack well, Zack was my protector, and Mike didnt take kindly to that..."satans spawn" was what he called him. I m so full of hopelessness, I dont know how to help my dear boy, he hurts so much, hes six, and hes missing more of his childhood everyday, I just want to see him smile again, we are both so broken.

Zacks Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m so sorry, sending you a hug today.....

Megan said...

If your son might me bipolar, the antidepressant will make his rages worse. I would ask the doc to drop the Celexa and any ADHD stimulants until his moods are stabilized with the Risperdal and perhaps another mood stabilizer. Have you read "The Bipolar Child" yet?

Kupcake said...

I have been finding more & more "Mommy Blogs" concerning these 'issues' & I am very thankful I found yours. My oldest, MC, is diagnosed severe ADHD, Bipolar, & ODD - so I totally am in the same 'boat' with you. My youngest has a DX of Autism. There are so many days I just wanna lay in bed & cry. it's so unfair! Not only for my sweet boys, but for me as well.
The holidays were HORRID, made worse by my "family" & they're lack of compassion, understanding & acceptance. I vowed this year, no more "get together's", no one appreciates the enormous EFFORT it is for us to even leave the house! I too am sending you a "hug" today. My oldest is taking: Tenex, Vyvanse, Adderall (day meds), Remeron & Melatonin at bedtime. We still struggle... does anyone care about our kids?

Zena said...

Thankyou all for your understanding and compasion, Im pretty much so discouraged right now, Im going to post about yesterday, right now.